Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Will K- Mirror

This image was taken at the Hassinger Daniels Mansion in the Five Points South district of downtown Birmingham. I edited it using the iPhoto Application. I used the "boost" filter and tweaked the definition, sharpness, exposure, saturation, and the contrast slightly. I think that it could be better if I had used a UV lens filter on the camera.
This image represents me because I always feel like life is nothing more than a mirror. You can stare into it all day long but no matter what you will always have imperfections that are out of your control. The fact that the two busts are the same but have "aged" differently shows that no two things are the same even when they are created equally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. I really like the lighting of this photo since it gives a clear view of everything in the photo. Personally, I would have focused on the bust that was further away from you rather than the one that was the closest to you, but that is all personal preference. The photo adheres to the rule of thirds, naturally leading your eye from the closest bust to the other one. It gives the photo a dynamic feel. The photo has an interesting mood. It looks as though the person is reflecting on their past and future selves.

Ben D-HHS