Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cole M- Motion 14

The title of this image is “Motion 14”, due to the fact that the photograph was taken during the Motion students conference. During this last summer (2014), Church of the Highlands hosted a Christian students conference at the BJCC arena in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. When the photograph was taken, a band named Rend Collective, from Ireland, was performing. 

The lights from the stage created an interesting dynamic to this picture. I decided to expand the presence of the light, rather than diminish it. I did this because I feel that the light displays the energy emitting from the band. As far as editing goes, I decreased the exposure to -.69 in order to make the light somewhat less blinding. In addition, I increased the saturation to 66 to enhance the blue color the light was giving off. Finally, I increased the highlights, shadows, and sharpness. 


I took this photograph on my iPhone 5c. While the camera on the phone is not necessarily a great photo, it was sufficient for this picture as clear image quality was not the focus of the photograph. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the color range here. The blue starts in the center and phase out as either darker or lighter forms of blue. It really is a cool viewpoint to see the blue radiate. I like how the center of the blue light is the focus. It lets it move across the picture and create a feel for the viewer to connect with the artist. I like it because lighting at events like this are really an art and it is cool to catch the lights do something as cool as this picture shows. Good job.


Hub R.-HHS