Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Anyul M- Tiger

I took this picture at the Birmingham Zoo. I took it with a Nikon D3200 that I got for my birthday this year. To edit I used the black and white filter, I made it a bit warmer then darken it. After, I adjusted it by making the shadows lighter so you could be able to the see the tigers right eye because originally you couldn’t see it. I think the picture could have been better if may be the glass was cleaner, all the little blurry smudges you see is just the dirty glass but, at the same time I think it adds a cool effect to it in a way.

3 comments:

Zohra P said...

I really like this picture and the effect you gave to it. it would have been a little better if there wasn't any smoke in front of the creatures face.

Anonymous said...

I really love how you made the exposure really nice by editing it. I bet it was difficult editing the photograph because of the clear dirty glass between you and your subject. You did a great job cropping and I love how you added a black and white filter. Grace H-HHS

Anonymous said...

Cole M- HHS

As I whole, this photograph is engaging and unique. I enjoy the black and white color theme, as it implies the tiger is deep in thought. Moreover, the usage of the rule of thirds, with the tiger's face not being centered, is appealing. However, I wish the features of the Tiger's face would be clear. Instead, parts of the face are blurred. Additionally, the background to the right of the tiger is wasted space. If the image cropped out that space the image would focus on the main subject of the image, the tiger.