Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Brianna S - Boat Doc

This picture was taken at a boardwalk in Destin, Flordia with my family a couple weeks ago, and I took it with my Nikon D3200 with a zoom lens. I edited it by adding a black and white filter on it, sharpening the image, and increasing the saturation and contrast. I believe it would be better without the three polls in the front so the picture isn’t as busy, especially the one on the far left. It could also be improved by making it so the sand in the background doesn’t blend in so much with the sky towards the end of the area. This picture really reminds me of Monterey, CA because of all the fishing boats that were there and the many times that my family considered getting a boat ourselves. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I really like the lighting, and its just overall a good, balanced photo.
Rachel P- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I love that you used a black and white filter. I like how it is off centered as well!
Allie B - HHS

Anonymous said...

Joicelyn R- HHS

I love the use of diagonals in this picture. It makes this picture look perfect and at the same time, gives it and old-timey feel. Also I think black and white was the right choice for this one

Anonymous said...

i really like this picture! I like the black and white filter that you put on it. Also how the picture is at a diagonal angle.

~Taylor T HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like tis picture. I think that the water looks fantastic especially with the older hand sketched look.

Anonymous said...

This picture is very pretty! the lighting is great and the water looks very clear. great photo!