Wednesday, November 3, 2021

CAEDEN H- Friends of the Forest

This photograph was taken on September 19th at Smith Lake. I took this picture with my phone which is an iPhone 11 pro. To edit this picture I increased the exposure, contrast, shadows, saturation, brightness, and vibrance. I also slightly decreased the warmth and the highlights. This picture could have been better if I had made the background of the photo less noisy and focused more on the actual mushrooms. The background of the photo pulls away from mushrooms, and that is what I wanted my audience to focus on most. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do like this photograph. I think the focus of the mushrooms is correct in directly focusing on them apart from the other distractions in the image. I think your lighting and depth of field arena point as not to expose so much distraction but to add enough to increase the interest value of the photo as a whole. Your exposure is good and I like the balance of light and dark shadows and highlights in your photo, and the editing as whole has seemed to pay off in this photo. Overall I think this is an interesting photo and displays a good understanding of nature and mushrooms. Good job!

Anonymous said...

This is a super cool photo! You did a good job on capturing the detail in the mushrooms, and I like your choice of the camera viewpoint. Maybe if you cropped the picture a bit it would make the mushrooms more of a focus point and would make for a cool close-up. Otherwise, I really love your photo, it's very neat!
GAA- HHS

Unknown said...

I really like the detail on the mushroom and I agree that better focus and less noise will make it better. I think taking this with a DSLR will also help and having more adjustment on exposure and other manual features that the iPhone doesn't have it. - Jack J HHS