Friday, November 5, 2021

Alexander M - Cooking


 I titled this photograph “Cooking” because my friend and I were boiling water for backpacking meals. This was taken near McDill Point in Talladega National Forest in September of 2021. I took this photo with my iPhone X. I edited this to make the reds of the fuel canisters, box, and dry sack pop out more as well as the fire while also editing it to make the forest a bit more lit up. I think this photograph could have been better if I had taken it when it wasn’t as dark out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo, because of the lighting. I like that it looks very dark, because you can tell the day is winding down. I also like how this picture tells a story. From just the picture I can tell you went backpacking, and you are resting at camp cooking some meals. i also like this photo because I go backpacking a lot and this reminds me of my time backpacking.

Emma said...

This is a really awesome photo. I really like how the color pops in the image, like the reds and the other colors. The brightness of the image is really great as well, it adds a dark yet realistic aspect to it that helps the image. Well done!
- E.J

Anonymous said...

I really like the atmosphere of this picture. It seems really inviting and peaceful. The colors really stand out against the brown of the forest and it makes it look really cool. The exposure is good in not having too much or too little light. Great photo! -EB

Anonymous said...

this is a really cool photo, I catch a lot of chill vibes with it and its so creative! M.S.

Anonymous said...

I really like the lighting in this image. I think that since it is darker it adds to the feel of being "lost in the woods". I like how this is cropped because you still see plenty of the background while the interesting stuff is still in the center for you to focus on. I would hang this on my wall because it is a little eery but still super cool. -Elizabeth C HHS