Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Britney P - Visible Web


This was a picture I submitted for the Night&Day Assignment. It’s called “Visible Web.” This was taken on September 20 in front of my apartment. I edited this photo using the burn, dodge, and sponge tools in Photoshop. Originally, I was only planning on taking a photo of the tree, but then, I saw the spider web. I decided to take photos of the spider web instead because I thought it would be a more interesting subject. I also liked the glares that the light source produced. There are many things that could be better. For example, the editing of dark and light areas of the leaves could be much better. However, overall, I’m satisfied with this photo. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the idea behind the picture, and I adore spiderwebs and the amazing designs they can add to a piece. The lens glare is a great affect and I think it also nicely adds onto the picture. My only complaint is how awkward the lighting is, and how it seemingly takes away from the piece. I think that if you got rid of the weird glare from the light source and darkened it slightly- it would have made a even better shot. Over all I really like this picture and you did a good job.
- Marshall H - HHS