Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Linley W- Gas Station


 This picture is called Gas Station. This picture was taken a few weeks ago in Downtown, Birmingham. This abandoned gas station is located close to Vulcan and the UAB campus. I took this picture with my Nikon camera. I like this picture a lot because it is of an abandoned building. I love going to abandoned places. I edited this picture by darkening the image as a whole while also brightening up the gas station. I also increased the saturation of the whole image, but I mainly focused on the reds. I made the background darker, so that the gas station itself would stand out against the darkness of the background. I really love this picture, but I do wish it was more focused and the lighting was different. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo looks really good. I like the look of abandoned places as well, so that's the main reason why I like it. When it gets down to the composition of the photo, the lighting really sets the tone and creates a mysterious atmosphere that I would associate abandoned buildings with. But like ou said, the photo could've been a little more focused and less blurry. But overall a good photo.

Anonymous said...

I really love this picture it's kinda spooky which I love. I love abandoned places too I've always wanted to do things like that it seems really cool. The way you edited is amazing the picture overall is incredible!!

Anonymous said...

I think this picture looks so good! I really like how the outside edges of the picture are dark and how the the gas station is lighter. There is a really good balance between the dark and light parts of the picture. The balance of dark and light also really brings the focus to the gas station and the fact that it is abandoned. It really gives the gas station a sharp focus. I think it was a good idea to darken the background. It really added to the mood of the picture. Overall I think this picture is really cool and I really liked it. Good job!
- Abigail P. HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, low light with a gas station is the move. I really how there is some parts of it really dark but the red light stands out and make the picture look right. Good Job.