Friday, April 23, 2021

Linley W- A Circus Catastrophe


 My picture is titled A Circus Catastrophe. I took this picture over Spring Break down in Destin, Florida. My family and I went to this little shopping area where there was a carousel, and that is where I took this picture. I took this picture with my Nixon camera. I edited this picture by sharpening up the horses, blurring the background, adjusting the brightness and contrast, and adjusting the color of the image. I also created circles that varied in size and color because I wanted this picture to go along with the circus theme. A circus is always very colorful, which is why I varied the colors of the different circles. This picture could have been better if the horses were a bit more white.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo! I love how you added the circles to the picture to fit the theme. It gives a lot of character to the image. I also think you made a good choice by sharpening the horses and blurring the background because it really brings attention to the horses. I also like the brightness and contrast of this image because it's so vibrant, but not in a harsh way. I also think you did a great job with distributing the color all over the image because it's not just clumped in one place and it looks clean. Overall I think you did a really good job and I wouldn't change anything!

Anonymous said...

This picture is really cool! I really like the lighting in this picture. I like how there is sort of a dim light, but the picture itself is darker for the most part especially the horses. I think adjusting the brightness and contrast was a good idea because there is lots of color in the picture and just enough light in the picture to illuminate the horses. I like how there is a sharp focus on the closest horse and there is a softer focus on the horse that is farther away. It gives the picture perspective and really brings your attention to the details of the closer horse. Overall I think you did a really good job with this picture and I liked the added touch of the colored circles.
- Abigail P. HHS