Friday, April 2, 2021

Dalton D - The Phantom of the Opera


 

The title of this photo is “The Phantom of the Opera”. I took this photo with my phone in my makeshift home studio. The mask came from an 8th Grade Maskerade dance, and seeing the mask again struck me with the idea for the photo. I knew I wanted the image to be mysterious like the Phantom, so I took down the Brightness a lot while bringing up the contrast so the mask could be the main focus. The text comes from the 1st verse of “The Phantom of the Opera”, from the show The Phantom of the Opera. I liked this text because it really helped to give the mask that mysterious feel like the Phantom has in the show. This has become one of my favorite photos because I think that I was really able to nail the mysterious feel of the mask. However, I wish that the mask was a little sharper so that the detail of the mask would stick out.

No comments: