Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nick A- Sunset

This picture was taken at tip top grill in bluff park a few days before the project was due. Since Tip Top Grill is on the edge of a cliff, it is a very good place to take a photo of an intense sunset. This was amen around 6:30 during the end of September. This was taken with a Canon EOS 7D using the 18-135mm lens. This is a photo merge which means there were three photos taken at different exposures to get all of the detail. I put a gradient filter on it and adjusted the saturation, exposure, the blacks, and the whites.

7 comments:

Davis's science blog said...

This is a very creative photo. I love the blend between the three exposures you shot. The gradient filter gave this photo a great look and really brings out the sunset. The editing you did looks really nice as well great overall photo.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in the pictures. I also love the view itself, it looks like the jungle. The clouds color is good too.The power lines are in the way though, but the picture is still amazing.
Lupita G- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really really like this picture. I love the color of the clouds to the top left, and i like the color of the actual sun. This is an awesome photo!

Anonymous said...

The photo is great. The colors work really well and the contrast is good. It looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Bailey D- HHS
I really love how vibrant these colors are. I also like how you are capturing the moment of another photo being taken. Its a great picture!

Anonymous said...

Great. I like how the sky and the ground are balanced of the image merger. I like how everything is focused in and the perspective of the shot.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, Especially the blending of the colors throughout the entire photo. The photo almost looks like it was taken in some type of jungle in South America. It doesn't look like the average picture you would take of an Alabama sunset along with the trees. I also love the beams of the sun streaming out of the clouds and into the lens. Nice work!!
Lauren H - HHS