Friday, October 3, 2014

Cole M- Daytime Grass

The title of this image is “Daytime grass.” This photo was taken a two weekends ago for the night and day assignment. The location of the photo is at the top of the field in the center of the preserve. The picture was taken with a Coolpix L26.

For editing,  I increased the brightness and contrast. The reason for increasing the contrast was to enhance the details of the blades of grass. Additionally, I adjusted the color balance to be dominated by cyan and green. This was done so that the color of the grass would pop out and so that the sky would have a softer touch.

I could improve this image by not having the left side of the image being blurry. This could be overcome by backing the camera up slightly, and then zooming in after the fact.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. I love how the color of the grass stands out. Good job!
Maricela J- HHs

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I like how green the grass is, and I really like the color of the sky and the clouds. I agree that the only thing I would change is the blur to the left. Other than that I really like this picture!
Leah B-HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! The exposure is perfect and I really like how the colors balance out. It just looks like a perfect day with the really blue sky and the clouds really do add to it. Also, the dead grass on the bottom was a great idea because I think it would just a boring picture of green grass without it. The only thing is the blurriness on the left side..I do agree that it could be better if it was clearer or cropped out. But other than that, I really like the image.

-Brianna S. HHS