Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lauren H- Free Nomad

This picture was taken Tuesday, October 13th, 2014. I did not use a stand or a reflector for this picture, I simply used the dim lighting from the sky. I edited the exposure level on my camera to make the picture just a little bit lighter. I then used photo filter for a touch of warming hue, added some contrast, and played with the hue of the photo. This picture was taken on the Vestavia Hills Country Club golf course. I really like the way this picture came out, the only thing I wish I could fix was the natural sharpness of the photo. But to me, i think it adds some character to the picture. It almost makes it look vintage.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! The overall lighting and exposure is perfect making the subject really in focus. I like that the background is very blurred. I also like the way you edited and it's not super saturated. This is an overall awesome picture, and it gives a really vintage feel like you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Joicelyn R- HHS

I love this picture although I wouldn't necessarily title it that. Also, I would have added a little more light to this picture. It doesn't look underexposed but it could've used a little more light.

Anonymous said...

This portrait is amazing with the shallow depth of field and overall composure. The colors also work really well in this picture. The noise adds to the atmosphere rather than distracts. Overall I think it looks like a professional portrait, well done.

Catherine S - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo and the shallow depth of feel it gives. I also like the vintage look you gave it. I like how you blurred the background so the person was more in focus.

~Taylor T HHS

Anonymous said...

This portrait its so good! i love how the colors work together and that the image is really clear, and how the focus is in the girl and theres nothing in the background that could shift the attention of the viewer, overall this is great and i think you didi a great job!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. I love how it is really focused on her and not at all on the background. I love all the colors and the vintage, faded look.
-Abbey Smith HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture has a shallow depth of field which produces a focus on the girl rather than the whole shot. The focus of your subject is nice, Lauren. The subject is nicely centered in the middle third and the color range is very vibrant with the pinks in the shirt and the greens of the blurred background still visible. I really like this picture because it has a vintage feel with great composure by the photographer.


Hub R.-HHS