Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nancy N.- "Only a mother could love that face."

 This photo was taken at the San Diego Zoo last March. The title comes from a comment that one of the tourists said as we were watching a sleeping hippo in the water which I found really funny. I took the photo on my iPhone and did not do any editing to it. I love the expression on the hippo’s face and I had a good time taking the photo. If I could change the photo, I would probably would have taken it at a straighter angle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bailey D- HHS
This photo is a little over exposed in the top of the photo. But I really like the colors from under the water. I think this photo is a keeper because of the uniqueness of the photo.

Anonymous said...

It would be better if there wasn't a reflection and if there wasn't a hand in the bottom left corner. The focus on the subject looks good. The top of the photo is a little too bright, though. The photo would look better straightened, too. I like the subject of this picture.

Alex H-HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture, the subject is clear and the lighting is in focused well on the subject. I like the friendly mood it gives off as well, but it would be better if the reflection and your hand weren't there.

Zayn D-HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this photo, but the hand in the way is distracting. The angle is fine and the colors are very nice, overall a good shot.

Erin R - HHS

Unknown said...

AWWWWWW! This is so cute!!! I love how you got the Hippo to come up to the glass, and you took it at a perfect angle. :) The only thing I would change is the glare in the glass, just try to edit it out next time.

Madeline V.-HHS