Friday, April 4, 2014

Logan M- Truth in his eyes

“Truth in his Eyes”
I took this in my basement over the weekend with my Nikon D5100. The reason I chose my basement is because it is dark and I could control the lighting with clamp lights on the floor supports and the ceiling. I did a few things to edit this picture. Firstly, I cleaned up blemishes on his face and especially around the eye. Next I added a brightness an contrast layer to up the contrast in his eye and around his skin. Then, I added a vibrance layer to desaturate all of the image except his eye. I then added a color layer to color his eye and give it a cool gradient. Lastly, I used an overlay layer to brighten and darken the image selectively. This allowed me to clean up the picture. I could have made it better by allowing more light in the initial exposure or by getting closer to my subject. This was difficult in my basement with a basic telephoto lens.I really enjoyed editing this shot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. The black and white really brings out the color in the eye. I think to make this a little better if you had a little more of a cool color to balance out the warm color.
Chloe W-HHS

Anonymous said...

I think this turned out really well! if you cropped off a little more of his nose then the brightness wouldn't be so distracting. Otherwise, I love the way it came out.

HHS Angel

Anonymous said...

This picture is really cool. There's so much detail in the face. I like how you used gradient to color the eye instead of using just one color. The circle of light in the eye is also nice. Overall, this is a great idea for a picture and it was executed really well.

Catherine S - HHS