Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ryan M-Jango's Revenge

The title of my selected image is “Jango’s Revenge.” I took the photo on January 18th, 2016, in my bedroom with my EOS 1200D digital camera. I edited the photo by duplicating the photo in Photoshop and applying a motion blur filter to it to create the hazy effect. I also adjusted the exposure to better illuminate Jango Fett’s helmet. The photo could be better is the camera had focused in on the arm of Jango that is pointing a blaster at Mace Windu because it appears to be a bit hazy like Mace Windu and unlike the rest of Jango Fett. This photo is a narrative still life photo featuring two of my Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones action figures: Mace Windu and Jango Fett. I shot the photo in a way that it is over the shoulder of Mace Windu from the back and the focus is Jango Fett. It is a interesting photo for fans of the Star Wars lore because that could be Boba Fett wearing his father’s armor on a quest to avenge his father’s death at the hands of Jedi Master Mace Windu. It is also interesting for people not familiar with the lore because this in my opinion is a very cool action narrative shot done with just toys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. I am a big Star Wars fan and I love the narrative you created with this. I really like how Jango is focused while Mace is blurred, this really shows who the main subject is. Over all I think this photo was good but i would have tried to take the picture in another environment like a sand box.

Anonymous said...

A nice little story you've created with this photograph. The scene is simple enough, but the execution is good. I agree that the arm on Jango is a bit off, but the overall picture blends well. It's a simple enough photo that judging it is easy, as the background is regularly plain and the subjects are well-placed. Wonderful job.