Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ryan F- ENO Opens Worlds

The title of this image is “ENO Opens Worlds.” It was taken at Moss Rock Preserve on June 13th, 2015. It was taken with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4. I edited this picture to be a composite by adding another picture I took in the woods of a sunset as a layer and erasing everything of that layer below the line of the Eno straps. I also changed the levels, brightness and contrast, hue and saturation, and then I ended up adding a filter to top it of. It could be better if I took more time editing it, and if I had a better picture to place above the Eno for a composite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool picture! I really like the idea behind the image. The focus within the image is really sharp which I think work for this imagined keeps everything a part of the subject. One place that I think there could be improvement is with the lighting. I really like the lighting underneath the ENO, however the lighting above doesn’t fit with the image and is a bit too dark. I suggest either lowering the opacity of the layer some to allow some color and light to bleed through or increasing the brightness of the layer and using the paint tool to manually tint the image using the purplish color of the rocks and logs underneath the ENO. I really like the colors used in the bottom half of the image and I think that contrasting the purple with the sunset would look very cool. I think that the image looks somewhat like a magical forest which attracted me to the image. -Matt H-HHS