Friday, November 20, 2020

Julie H- Pink flower


The title of this image is Pink Flower. It was taken in my front yard in the morning. The image was taken with my phone with the sun as the light source. To edit the image I turned up vibrance and saturation to make the pink in the flower pop. I also blurred the background of the image to keep the focus on the flower. Lastly, I cropped the image so this would be the only flower included in the image. I think to make the image better I should have made the leaves below the flower more green so it does not look so dark. This was the last living flower in these bushes because winter is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photo! Burring the background of the photo was the right choice because more people will be able to focus on the main subject of the photo. In terms of the subject itself, increasing the saturation was good because it makes the color of the flower seem bolder I also like the story behind the subject, it's very interesting!

Anonymous said...

I really love your picture! I find it absolutely beautiful. I really like the lighting of your picture. The lighting is not too soft or too harsh. I love the color of the flower, but I would darken the little bright green leaf below it. That is just my personal preference, but otherwise, I really like it. I would have also cropped it differently. Overall, I really love your picture. Honestly, if I could, I would hang this up on my wall in my room.

- L.W.- HHS