Thursday, November 12, 2020

Abigail P-Let the be Light


This picture was taken at my house in my bedroom. I took it at night which highlights the color of the flame. I took this picture with a Canon Elph 180 camera. I increased the brightness, exposure, and vibrance on picture, but increased the offset as well. This allowed for the background to be darker, but make the candle light brighter, highlighting the light and bringing attention to it. I also increased the yellow and blue hue to bring out the color of the flame and the candle holder. I wish I would have cropped the picture a little more so there was less of the extra black in the background. This picture is one of my favorites because the candle light and its contrast with the background is calming and makes me feel a sense of peace whenever I look at it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I think the idea is great, and it is always hard to get a good picture of a soft light source in the dark. I like the depth of the image that is obtained by the hand holding the candle. It is hard to take an image like this and have a sharp focus, but that is the only thing I can see that could be changed.

Dalton D. said...

This is a great picture! I really like the soft focus on the flame of the candle. I think one thing that could possibly make this image better is if you brighteed up the hand just a little bit. It would balance out the "light spread" of the candle instead of just stopping. Other than that, this photo is really cool!