Monday, November 16, 2020

ERIK S- Canyon Panorama


        The title of the image that I chose is named “Canyon Panorama” which, like the name describes, is a photo that I took of The Grand Canyon over the Summer of 2018, which I took using a panorama setting to get the full shot of the entrance to the canyon. I took this with my Google Pixel XL, and edited it with Photoshop. In Photoshop, I increased the vibrance of the greens (of the vegetation) and blues (of the sky). Then, I had used the quick selection tool to only select the actual canyon part, and saturated the warm color inside the canyon. I feel like this image could be better if I had gone inside The Grand Canyon 9I wasn’t able to on the trip) and taken a photo looking up and out of the Canyon (for a good perspective effect). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is really cool! I really love the view. The depth of field is really well shot. I like how you increased the saturation for the vegetation. I also really like the lighting of your picture. The lighting isn't too soft or too harsh, and the white balance seems to be set correctly. I really enjoy the cropping and framing of your picture. There is no wasted space in your picture. I like how you can see the canyons both up close and in the distance. I also like how you can see the horizon. When I look at your picture, I feel happy. I would hang this photo up in my room if I could. Overall, your picture is shot well and is really beautiful.

- L.W. HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. You really did a good job of taking the picture and editing it. I know how hard it is to take a picture using panorama mode because sometimes things get messed up, so great job with that. The way you edited the color of the sky and trees, it looks natural like it wasn't adjusted. And the canyon part, that is so amazing because you can really see the color and the details. This photo makes me wanna go to that place and feel relaxed. I would hang this photo in our living room. Overall, you did an amazing job of taking the picture and editing it.