Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Sara A- Masked Lover

The title of this image is “Masked Lover”. This was taken right outside of the Birmingham Botanical Gardens on July of 2017 on my Canon Powershot HX50. I edited it by adding the black and white filter to make the photo more eerie looking, and toning down the exposure. I wish I had positioned the flowers and mask better by balancing hem more in the center. Additionally, I think if the day were more cloudy, the picture would look more balanced as far as light goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is very unique, its elements are nice as well as the black and white touch to it. It is very eye-catching!
The mask and the flowers play a very cool role and the flowers are the perfect touch to the picture!
The contrast is nice though a little high light should be added to make it a little brighter and more emphasis towards the flowers than the mask. Great job!
Fahima M- HHS

Anonymous said...

The shot composition of the picture is very nice, I especially like the one flower sticking out above the rest. The masked figure also takes up a nice amount of space within the picture. The black and white also does a good job of giving off an unsettling tone, and the lighting helps make the masked figure give off a sinister vibe. Overall I think this picture is very well done, good job.

Zach F - HHS