Friday, January 12, 2018

Jacob T- Old Car

I called This picture Bel Air. This was taken at Myers Plants and Pottery in Pelham on the Friday we had off for Veterans Day. I took this picture with my Cannon T6 Rebel. I edited it by increasing the light and putting a filter on it using Analog effects in the Nik Collection. I think that the light on the pumpkins is really harsh lighting and would look better if it had some softer light. I looked up what kind of car this might be and I think that it is a 1952 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door. A lot of the Chevy cars from the 50s have the same style but the Bel Air matched the pictures the most. I also noticed a hole in the passengers side window. I wanted to find out the history behind the car so I emailed Nancy Myers, the daughter of the original owners. She told me that it was Chuck Myers car. Chuck Myers and his wife Ruby where the people who first bought and opened the store. The man who Mr. Myers sold the car to contacted the Nancy and her husband to sell the car back to the them in the late 90s. They drove the car back to the shop which is surprising since the store opened in 1971 and Mr. Myer’s probably owned the car before that. The car was parked in the back of the property for a while and in the time it was there someone threw a rock at the window. The car was brought back down and put in front of the shop to use as a prop. Many people have asked to buy the car, but because of the sentimental value the owners will only sell the car if you buy 4 acres of property that Myer’s Plants and Pottery is on.  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! I enjoy how deep the DOF is, because it incorporates the location into the attitude of the subject (the Bel Air). Also the foreground is beautifully composed. Overall the mood of this photo is captured very well, and this photo is poster worthy.
Pierce B- HHS

Anonymous said...

I love your picture Jacob. When I look at your photo I feel happy and bright inside. The bright colors grabs my attention and focuses on the many colored objects. The lighting in the picture complements the pumpkins and the car giving it a calm but happy mood. In my opinion I would turn the colors down some of the yellow pumpkins because the sunlight gives it that natural lighting already. Overall I like the photo and the way you captured it.
Tamoria F-HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!! It reminds me of Halloween and Fall. Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year. I like how there are many different bright colors included in this picture. The mood of this picture is very exciting and happy which I love! Great job on this image!!

Anonymous said...

JT Money I have to say this is a wonderfully gorgeous picture. I love how the warm colors really bring out the fall vibe and make you think of that time of year and all the warm autumn days. I also really loved the story you gave behind the picture because reading it gets you closer to the picture and the meaning that it has behind it
-Will C

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, I think there is a lot of interesting details and textures to look at as well as some cool colors. I really like the shift of balance that the wooden stand creates on the left of the picture. I think maybe if you had brought out some more of the color in the subjects or done something to kind of reenforce the rustic look, but other than that I think it's a really interesting picture. Especially with the addition of the pumpkins.

Christian P -HHS

Anonymous said...

this is an amazing picture, I love the detailing in this picture I love how the warm colors of fall are brought out in this picture. maybe if you would've sharpened the picture just a little more. but over all his is an am zoning picture most defiantly worth keeping

Anonymous said...

This picture is so good!! I really like how the colors remind me of fall! I think maybe if you would tone the colors down some, it would make the yellow pumpkins contrast better with the orange pumpkins. Overall though, I love this photo. It makes e really happy and warm inside!
Kirsten H- HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture a lot!! The colors are so vibrant and it really captures the mood of fall! The only way i would change this photo would be by turning the white balance down to make the lighting slightly softer. But overall its a lovely picture!! - Alex H HHS

Anonymous said...

i like how this photo is and how the old car is and the pumpkins on top of the car. the way you edited is nice and i dont think their is anything wrong with this picture.

Anonymous said...

This picture is very cool. I like how the gourds are put on top to add something to the picture. The lightning was really great and created cool shadows. All the different gourds added more color picture and the rusted paint on the car too .

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! I really like the amount of exposure, and the lighting you used in the image. I also really like the color range, it has really bright colors and also really moody dark colors. I like how the subject is in the middle of the frame. I would definitely keep this picture it is very cool and tells a story. Dalton C. - HHS