Thursday, October 6, 2016

Everett M- Untitled

I actually did not give a name for this photo because I simply thought it would be a really interesting photo. The main thing that I really love about this shot is its composition. It creates a cool comparison between the colored, natural elements and the black and white, man-made elements. I took this photo in my front yard a week ago while working on the night and day assignment. I this particular shot with my Lumix, 25 mm camera. In order to edit this photo, I first decided to overlay a black and white photo filter on to my image. I used the layer in order to do a color restore to the left half of the image. Furthermore, I decided to increase the saturation on the original photo to better bring out the colors on the left half on the image. I’d say that my biggest concern with this picture is the fact that the leaf in the center of the photograph is not well focused, making the whole image feel sort of blurry. That is definitely the main thing that needs to be improved in my opinion.

3 comments:

Sam RIgsby said...

this is pretty nice i wish all of the leaves were green tho, or at least just behind that little space at the top where the last green leaf intersects the edge

Anonymous said...

This picture is great but I think that all the leaves should be green, although I really like how you blended the green and the black white.

Anonymous said...

Yo Everett, this picture is very good im impressed the color is on point the black and white on one side is pretty cool. the only thing is that all of the leaves being green would look really great .