Thursday, March 24, 2016

Nicole T- Fire n Gold

This picture is called Fire n Gold and it was taken a couple weeks ago for the close up assignment in the Latin Room. It was taken with a Canon Powershot Sx 150 IS. The eye is originally blue so I edited the eye making the picture black and white and coloring with red, yellow, and orange on different layers using the color blending mode. I also used a layer of overlay to define around the eye and brighten the white in her eye. It could be better if the areas above and below the eye didn’t have that yellow tint.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photo! I like how clear and detailed the image is. Making the photo black and white really enhances the details of the eye's colors. This image reminds me of "The Vampire Dairies" and how the werewolves' eyes change before they turn. I would definitely hang this photo up somewhere. Overall, really nice image!

Ella P- HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this image. The subject, which is the area around the eye, is very sharp, and the ear and background is softly blurred, which I like. I love the contrasting light and dark, as it makes the image dramatic. I also like the vivid color in the eye, and the light orange tint on the face. I think that it could have maybe been cropped in a bit to capture more detail of the eye, but I think it works well how it is with the eye in the left two-thirds of the image. All in all, it's a cool picture.

Matthew R - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo because of the weird eye color it very creative Chris C- HHS

Anonymous said...

i like the abstract coloring and ive always loved eye subjection its wonderful i like the image all in all