Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Matthew R - Gold Mustang

I call this photo Gold Mustang. I took it a month or two ago in downtown Birmingham. I took it with a Canon T3i. I edited it primarily in Photoshop’s Camera Raw, bringing down the lighting, boosting clarity, and altering the colors slightly to bring the tone down. I then essentially tinted the color of the car, and edited the saturation of that layer to make it gold. I darkened the grill of the car as well. It could have been better if the car had been a cooler car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing picture. I think that the lighting is close to perfect. I also really like how the headlights stand out in the photo. The shallow depth of field also helps keep focus on the car. I think that changing the position of the shot to where the car was framed in between the bridge and the road instead of against the building would slightly improve the shot. It would help keep the car from merging with the light post or the trees. It is really cool that you were able to create such a pure gold color. This shot reminds me of one of those CSI shows with a detectives car driving to the scene of the crime. -Matt H-HHS

Anonymous said...

OMFG! This picture is so clean. The lighting is perfect. The depth of field is really nice and ideal for the picture cause it makes the car the focus point. I can see the detailing of the car and the idea of painting it gold was genius. If you didn't tell us that you painted it that color, I would've really thought that the owner of this car wrapped it with a gold layer. This is a great picture.

Henry S - HHS

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I love how the car sticks out so well. The color of the background is perfect. It looks like a shot you would se in a car advertisement. Great photo!