Friday, January 15, 2016

Matt H- Big Day At Old Grey

The title of this image is “Big Day At Old Grey”. This is a composite image I created with images I took at the Birmingham Bowl. Auburn was the victor, so they are the main focus of this photograph. All images were taken with a Nikon D3300 camera and a zoom lens. To edit this picture I used the scoreboard as a background then I transferred each of the pictures of the players and the coach into the image. Next I transferred an image of the Auburn flags onto the background and I made the layer a lighter color layer. Then I transferred a cropped image of a pre-snap lineup behind the legion field sign and made the layer a luminosity layer. Finally I wanted to make the legion field sign stand out more so I increased the vibrance, brightness, and contrast of the letters. One area where I had trouble making a decision was whether I should try to paint in the remainder of the orange flag or not. I am not certain whether that would be an improvement or not. I spent a lot of time on this picture and it took multiple tries to finally get all of the positioning the way I wanted it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is awesome. I really like the Auburn theme! I think you did a good job on getting the players and Coach in really good focus. This is a really cool picture and think you did a good job on making this composite.

Seth

Anonymous said...

Great image! The overall light of this is really nice. I like how there is depth and different things to look at, not just one focus point. I really like how it is edited and this photo is exciting.

-RF, HHS

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool picture! The pictures of the players are really good I like the images you chose and the colors go together to give it that Auburn look. Even though Auburn did bad last year this picture gives me hope for years to come. War Eagle! This is a keeper.

-CG