Friday, January 18, 2013

Abhay T- Colonial Street


 I really like this photo, because it almost looks like a painting and has a pictorial feel too it. I took this picture over winter break when my family visited Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. I took this photo of a street with many colonial shops, and at the end of the street was a building, which is where I took this photo. I edited this photo by altering the color balance and adding more yellow, thus making the picture warmer. I did this to add more of the historical, colonial aspect to the photograph. This photo could be better if the people in the composition were clearer. I also like that there is no particular subject in the photo, but maybe the photo could have been better if there was. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this picture because it looks like it easily could have been painted as a picture. I like the brightness of the picture and that the people aren't posing.
Daniel L-hhs

Anonymous said...

This is a cool picture, i like the way you made it warmer giving it almost an old-timey look. i also like the amount of depth you captured in the this photo, it looks like it goes on for miles.. i love it and wouldnt change it!
Nick E-HHS

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. I like this picture because of its brightness. The bright sky makes it seem like it's shinning over the town or street. I also like the way you made the photo have a warm, antique look. The tonal range and focus also looks great. Nice job!

Yesenia S - HHS

Anonymous said...

Wow! As I was scrolling through the blog, i thought this was an actual painting. This is a great example of pictorialism. I like how the sun shines on different parts of the picture, and allow there to be shadows. Not sure how to make this better!

-Madhukar M

Anonymous said...

I like it. The sepia and blue color scheme really captures the nostalgic/historic feel Williamsburg has. The view straight down the street is a nice touch, although more of the houses and shops on the left would be nice. The place seems packed. The yellow on the road brings out the dirt road aspect, not so much pavement. Well done.

Danny J - HHS