Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Erik S- The Pillars


 The title of the image I selected is “The Pillars'', as the photo that I took was of wooden pillars at Destin, Florida. I took this photo in June of 2020 and I took it with my Google Pixel XL at dusk. The original photo had people and hammocks around the pillars, so I had used the “Spot Healing Brush Tool” and the “Clone Stamp” tool to edit the people and hammocks out of the photo. This photo could’ve been better if I had taken it with my digital camera, where I would’ve had more adjustable settling to make the photo look less noisy. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the lighting in this photo. The grey tones are very pretty and give it the effect that it is about to rain. The editing is very impressive too. It definitely was not easy to edit out all the people. The only thing I would do to improve this photo is crop out a little bit of the foreground to increase the focus on the pillars - IH - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really love this photo! The lighting is really cool and has a dark effect, but not to dark. I also love how clear and focus the photo is.

Y.D

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo because of the subject matter of the beach. Also, the darkness is almost homely. Also, I read that you edited people and hammocks out and I wouldn't have even known if I didn't read the caption. This is an awesome picture, and great editing skills.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at this image. I think the lighting in the photo is really balanced, there are no over or underexposed parts in the image. I also like how the different pillars show a depth of field in the image. I think the photo is something I would hang up at a beach house.
Julie H-HHS

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this image. I think the time of day this image was taken really added something interesting to the "vibe". It made is mysterious or somewhat eerie and dark. Moreover, the atypical subject and the composition and the dimension also aided the feel. Usually, as a stylistic choice, I like getting closeups or zooming in to my subjects. But here, I think the empty space provided context. I really like to composition. You did a very good job with this image.