Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Dalton D - River Pebbles


 The title of this image is “River Pebbles”. I took this picture on November 1st at the Preserve Waterfall. I went up the waterfall to a smaller river to get this photo. I took this photo with my Canon Powershot SX40. I edited it by decreasing the hue and saturation of the blue and teal colors while increasing the hue on the red and green colors. I also took up the brightness and decreased the highlights and brightness. This is the first photo I’ve edited where I’ve changes the hue and saturation on individual colors, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I wish that the photo was less blurry, as it is a little rough on the eyes. I also think that the photo could be improved by making the top puddle blend in and be bluer to fit with the mini waterfall. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This photo was very calming to me. I love the angle in which the picture was taken. The picture gives me early to mid fall vibes, almost like it has a cool breeze to it.One thing I would have liked better was a closer shot on just a select of pebbles, giving it a more focused look.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this picture so much!! The focus of the picture is perfect. The lighting makes this picture feel warm. I would definitely keep this picture and hang it up. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the feeling of nature that this photo gives me. The setting of the photo reminds me of going on the hiking trails over at Oak Mountain. One critique that I would give is that the colors/saturation could've been brought out a little more, and the brightness as well. If those 2 things were better, then the photo would have even more of a lively feel to it than it does now. But overall a very good nature photo.

Anonymous said...

I love how calming this image is to me. I think the lighting of this picture really fits the mood of the water and rocks with how it is not too dark or too bright. I wish there was a little more color involved in this image so the water could stand out a little more instead of blending in with the rocks. Overall I think the image was great.
Julie H-HHS