Thursday, January 17, 2019

Ashley D- COIN

This photo I  took during the beginning of the school year, entitled “COIN”, was taken in my backyard one day after school. This is a very simple photo, so I just took  it with my phone. Through tweaking the contrast, exposure, and overall saturation of the photo, the hands shown in the image have a shadowed affect and the sky pops out more. One part of this photo that I feel like could be improved would be the subtitle. The quality of the subtitle is not the best. The song lyric used comes from the song Feeling by COIN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo really stood out to me because of the subtitle. I think that is a really unique idea that I haven't seen before! It looks like a screen cap from a movie. I think if you cropped it in more of a rectangle shape, it would give it even more of a movie feel. I like how you made the sky so bright in contrast to the hands.

Kirsten Wrona said...

This photo is so cool because it is something that people do a lot captured in the moment. I love that you inserted subtitles at the bottom because it adds a really interesting context to the picture. The focus on the hands with the color contrast to the sky background really brings attention to the intertwined hands.