Monday, January 14, 2019

Anna S- Crystal Snowflake

I titled this image, “Crystal Snowflake.” It was taken in my room sometime before Christmas. It was an ornament hanging on my tree. I took it with my Nikon D3300. I edited this photo by adjusting the lighting and contrast to make it more defined. I also added a filter that made it more of a warm tone and added a nice glow. It could be better if I had gotten more of the ornament, but my camera would not pick up the lighting if it was not centered this way. I really like how clear it is and the focus of the snowflake. I was pleased with how it turned out.

6 comments:

Morgan Hecht said...

hey Anna! This photo is beautiful, the sharpness and the colors are so pretty. Also, I love the cropping. I don't think theres anything you can do to fix it, it's too perfect lol.

Anonymous said...

I think this picture came out great ! The focus on the ornament gives the rest of the tree a feeling of being much farther away, a really cool depth of field. And the light reflecting off the ornament always gives it a more eye catching feeling. Overall I think the picture turned out really nice and captured the soft, happy sense that the holidays bring.

Anonymous said...

I really like the way the picture is so focused on the "snowflake". The rest of the tree is blurred out and I think that it makes the picture look good since it makes the snowflake the main focus. The color on it is very distinct and is very bright. The way the snowflake is tilted a little bit makes it look at an angel and is just a very good picture overall.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I like how you have it so focus on where you can see everything. I also really like all the coloring.

Jacob Dew said...

Wow. Look at this. This is stunning. I love how this came out. The blurred background comes lets the foreground come out so nicely. I love how crisp and clear it is. I'd say that editing wise if the crystal snowflake was more clear. I'd really like to see all the details and see them pop. Other than that this is a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

I really like this image and its name!! I like how the ornament is clear and well focused while the lighting is just right. I wish I could see just a little more above the ornament but overall it's a great photo! I love how the background is blurred out so it focuses the main point on just the ornament. -Megan C-HHS