Thursday, March 22, 2018

Abby W- Empire of the Sun

This image was taken at one of my favorite spots in Birmingham- Satellite. I eliminated power lines that crossed the photo and turned down the saturation of the photo. I then placed the image on a blank white back drop and placed a cropped picture of a sunset along the side. I used the gradient tool to create the different layers of color on the sun and increased the grain level to make them more dramatic. I then chose a muted color pallet. I added a slight gradient to the black and white image to keep the flow of color from the sun. Last, I added a border around the image to tie it all together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture! I love the vibe of this and everything about it. The only thing I would change is that I would add grain to the left picture, just because I like grain. Over all I love this image! -Emily R HHS

Anonymous said...

I like how unconventional the photo is in general. I also like the "dramatic" colors I think that it really makes the photo great. All around its a great photo really interesting to look at.

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photo! I love the two colors in the photo and I just love the mixture of both photos. I think you did the right thing by eliminating the power lines so you could have focus on the restaurant. You did a really good job on this picture and I definitely love the sunset with the gradient on it.

Anonymous said...

I really love the way this picture was edited. It's real retro and warm toned. I also like how the image isn't split in the middle. Nice work! Mia R-HHS