Friday, March 8, 2013

Andrew L - Clocks


This is a photo of a clock in my house, and the photo by itself was very bland and boring.  I decided as part of the close-up assignment that I would make this photo one of the abstract, edited photos.  I did this with the filters, and I found a good filter or two that made the photo look like an imprint on sand.  Then, I had to adjust the brightness, contrast, smoothness, etc. to adjust the effects of the filter that made it have the shadow caste across the top.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I love the plaster effect on this type of image; it fits really well. The subject is also nice, I like that the clock uses roman numerals instead of english numbers. My favorite part is the plastered shadows left behind from the hands.

-Madhukar M