Thursday, March 14, 2013

Abhay T- Cannons


I took this photo of two cannons when I went to Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia over Winter Break. I really like this photo, because it shows the true meaning of Colonial Williamsburg. To edit this photo I altered the hue and saturation of the reds in the photo to bring out the colors of the cannon. However, I don't  particularly like how the cannon in the back is darker than the canon closer to the front. Overall, I also believe the scenery, the trees, the grass, and even the portion of the house in the background add the the effect of the photo. However, I also don't like how there are people in the background of this photo. Overall, I am pleased with this photo, even if there are a few minor details that diminish the quality of the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo because the color of the canons make it look old and the background emphasizes the overall theme of the place. I do agree that if the people were not there then it would be better but i like how the canons are different shades of red because it can show one is older than the other or the lighting could be different in each spot
Samantha D-HHS

Anonymous said...

Abhay,

This is a good picture but I honestly think it could use some editing to make it less bland. This is a great picture, but it does need a few edits, or something because it did not grab my attention like it should have. I really like that you had the idea of making a picture of these cannons, and also the depth of each of them are neat to. This is just my opinion though, but to me it feels like Im not looking at something that blows my mind. Like I said this is just my opinion.
Mariah M.-HHS