Thursday, February 18, 2021

LINLEY W - The Royal Flower


 This picture is titled The Royal Flower. This was taken at my house a few weeks ago for the Still Life Assignment. I took this picture with my Nixon D5200 camera. I used black t-shirts as the background and used a flashlight for the lighting. I edited this picture in a lot of ways. I made the overall brightness brighter while increasing the contrast. I also sharpened up some of the flower and changed the hue to a royal blue color. I also lightened up some of the petals. This picture could have been better if the center and bottom half of the flower were more in focus. Besides that, I am very happy with how this picture turned out. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color on this photo are so mellow and nice. I really like the position of the subject as well, it's really soothing and the contrast is really helpful with defining colors and creases and everything. This photo overall is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at this image! I think the colors chosen were perfect. I also like the depth of field given when looking at this image. I really like how the petals in the back have a light shining off of them because it makes it look like the flower is a little damp. Overall I love this image.
Julie H-HHS

Unknown said...

First i would like to say that I love the colors that you chose for this piece. Also I like the choice of flower roses are one of my favorite flowers. The title of the picture is not too complex but just the perfect title.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. It gives me a romantic but mysterious vibe to it. Love the colors and the lighting and vibrancy of the flower. Good job!

Bess H - HHS said...

This is a beautiful image! I really like how the petals on the outer edge of the flower look like the have just been rained on, it makes the image look really natural. Changing the hue to the royal blue was a really good choice. I love how the flower is darker in the middle and as you looks past the layers of the petals it gets lighter. The black background looks really nice and it helps bring out the sharpness of the flower. I think you did a great job with this photo!

Anonymous said...

The way you chose to edit the colors of this photo is very interesting to me. Most people do not often manipulate colors in such a drastic way, but I like it a lot. I love the way the petals of the rose look like they are glistening in the light. I also like the contrast between the vibrance of the rose and the black background. IH - HHS