Thursday, February 11, 2021

Abigail P - Reading


 This picture is called Reading. I took it at my house in November with my Canon elph 180. I took the picture in the afternoon so I could use the natural light in my photo. I decreased the highlights and brightness to really bring out the words on the page and bring down the lighting. I increased the warmth and tint to give the pages a yellowish kind of color. I also increased the noise reduction and definition to really bring out the contrast of the words and the page and make the letters really stand out. The only thing I wish I could have done better is gotten a more clear shot because I feel like the picture is a little fuzzy.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great narrative still life. I really like the focusing of this image so that the glasses are not pulling attention away from the text on the book. Even though you think the image is slightly blurry, I feel that the slight blur adds to the image. I also like the way that you had the back lighting from the afternoon sun. All around great image.

Anonymous said...

I really love the overall narrative that this photo tells. The glasses complement the book and the angle of the camera makes this a very good photo overall. One critique that I have, which is something you already mentioned, is that the photo would be better if it had a better focus on everything. But other than that, I would say that this is a pretty solid photo. It would definitely be a phoo that I would put on my wall.

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photo! The lighting is nice because it creates a nice focal point. The colors of the photo are clear and the words are focused and sharp. There is an evident narrative and the photo relays that very well. -MRM HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo! I like the different details and how focused it is. The lighting is really great and it is very sharp. The photo also has a story to it which I really like. Overall great job!- MB HHS

Dalton D. - HHS said...

I love the easy simplicity of the glasses on the book! The story that it tells is really interesting. The warmth of the photo gives it a nice cozy feel. This is more of a recommendation that a critique, but one thing that might make it a little more interesting is if the part of text in the lens of the glasses was bigger and more in focus. Just think it might be a cool detail. Overall though, this looks really good!

Anonymous said...

I like this image a lot. It's really cool of how it focused on the words looking through the glasses. It so clear and focused which is nice. I like how the light makes the other part f the page just fade away.