Friday, October 13, 2017

Christian P - Sailing on the Big Lake

This image is titled ‘Sailing on the Big Lake” I took it while sailing on Lake Michigan in July of this past summer.  I just took this with the camera on my Samsung Galaxy S7, though I really wish I had a shot with my real camera.  When editing this I just used apple photos and added a decent amount of sharpening effect. To make all the edges on the boat stand out, as well as bumping up the saturation and contrast to make red of the rope and blues of the sail and water to standout a bit more and not seem so gray and dull.  I think if I had just happened to have a blue sky for the background it could have added a lot more color to the photo.  I also think the photo gets a bit grainy because it was taken with a phone and I think I downloaded it at some point which bumped down the quality.  I also think if I had backed up a bit more to get a slightly wider perspective and include more of the boat it could have improved the shot as well.  Other than that I’m pretty happy with how this photo turned out, especially for something I just shot quickly off the helm of the boat

No comments: