Monday, September 18, 2017

Austin C- Dilapidated

This photo was taken at Banks Middle School. Banks middle school is a dilapidated school.
A friend, Matthew Wrona, and I made a trip down to the school to meet up with other photographers. This specific picture was taken in the gym of the school.

I edited this picture by first taking the highlights all the way down and bumping the brilliance all the way up to get an effect that I like and use in most of my more dark photos. I then raised the contrast and brightness. After this I added a vignette and finished editing my photo.

I could make this picture better if I were to start by standing a bit farther away from the wall and capturing the whole wall of the gym. In an editing aspect I could make the picture better by possibly going for a more colorful and bright tone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how thing photo looks! I like the white like coming through the windows, because it makes the photo have some brightness. I like how the basketball goal is right in the middle of the image and I also like how the colors are black and white. I think this photo is a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I think the space of the shot is just right. You don't need to go farther back. The color scheme really highlights how worn down and old the gym is. The light doesn't come out to much, and the contrast between light and dark is really nice. My only complaint is the use of the vignette. I think if it wasn't there the picture would be more complete, especially if it showed more of the graffiti on the bottom. Overall this is a really well edited picture.

Zach F - HHS