Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Riley Y - Silhouette

I called this image Silhouette because of the shadow on the trees in the foreground. I took this photo in late August off of my grandparent’s balcony that overlooks the side of the mountain on Shades Crest. I took it with my Cannon Powershot S5 IS. I edited it by cropping off some of the sides and top, turning the vibrance up to 100, and by increasing the red hue behind the trees to make it pop a little bit more. I think it would be better if I had taken it with a tripod instead of holding the camera. I like this picture a lot, it reminds me of The Lion King.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of this picture! The trees look sharp and in focus. You did a great job with the rule of thirds, making the subject on the far right. The darkness in the trees looks wonderful against the lightness of the sunset. This image makes me really happy!!!
-Maison R HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! The colors that come through in the sky are really petty and the tree creates a really appealing contrast to the bright sky. If I were to change anything I'd make it a bit sharper, but overall it's a really lovely shot!
A.W HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like the vibrant colors in this picture and how the tree is black. I also like how the tree is in focus. I like how the rule of thirds is used because it lets you focus of the sky while still noticing the tree.

Emily F- HHS