Thursday, November 5, 2015

Jacob C- Old Glory

I entitled this picture Old Glory. It was waken about a week ago in Leeds, Alabama. At the time I didn’t have my camera with me so I just took it with my iPhone 5. I wanted a sort of serious look so played with the levels, contrast, and vibrance. I also added the black and white filter and reduced the opacity a little. This photo could have been a lot better if I would have had my camera with me. I had to take it with my phone at a long distance so the quality wasn’t what it could have been.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this photo in that the lighting provides a dramatic effect. It isn't too overexposed, and may be slightly underexposed, but that makes it dramatic. Everything appears, for the most part, to be in focus, which is good. The cropping of the flag on the right third of the photo is very well placed. I like the contrast with the ground and the sky. The mood is somber, which I like. I only think you could have less noise, which is due to the fact you used your phone.

Matthew R - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. The the focus is perfect for the style you were going for. The rule of thirds is in perfect use because the flag pole, cross and other tomb stones are all in the shot. This photo tell a perfect story of soldiers who have died fighting for this country. I would definitely hang this on my wall.

Dejon F-HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture could of been taken closer and maybe if you were to put more money into a fine lense, the photo would be clearer yet the photo gives a 80's nostalgia where they didn't have fine cameras back then so a lot of movies were shot like this. It's a pretty nice shot that looks raw and on the spot.

Anonymous said...

The use of rule of thirds works very well with the flag. I also like the depth shown with the tombstones. The lighting I a little dark but it matches the seriousness you were going for. I really like how the flag pops out of the picture and is obviously the focus. I really like this picture, it is definitely a keeper.
-Cain M HHS