Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Zack C- "Some Grass"

This picture’s subject is some rained-on grass and dirt outside the barn at out old farm a few weeks ago. We had gone there to bring back an old truck left there. Luckily, I didn’t have to move it, the people who did took a a long time, and I had brought my camera. I took this with my Fujifilm S5 Pro SLR with a Nikon Macro Lens. I took a lot of pictures that day, but this is my favorite of the bunch. I just love to look at all the detail. When editing this picture, I wanted a realistic, believable look that also permitted the most beautiful possible. If I edited it too much, it would cartoony of fake, and I didn’t want that, so I spent a lot of time on this one. I lowered the contrast a little and raised both the exposure and saturation slightly. I put the definition and highlight detail at about half and the sharpness all the way up (why not?) I also lowered the temperature a little and tinted it slightly green just to get the most out of the colors. This, as I said before, is probably my favorite picture I took that day, maybe ever, so I can say, with full honesty in my heart, there isn’t anything I want to change about this picture; I really like it, but I am interested to hear any suggestions you may have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Amazing! I really like how there is a soft focus on the subject. The water makes a little S pattern which I think is really cool. Overall, I think this photo is really awesome. It really reminds me of the swamp in Shrek: the Movie. Great Job!



Rajiv P - HHS