Friday, October 23, 2015

Lana M- On the Band Bus

This picture was taken on the band bus on a way to a football game on September 12th, 2015. It was taken with my Canon SL1. I used the adjustment layers in photoshop to increase the exposure and brightness. Then I made a curves layer and changed the contrast, after that I added a gradient and decreased the saturation of gradient layer. I wish that I could have gotten more of his face in focus. Also if I could remove the faces and hands in the background and foreground and only captures his face that would have been good. Overall I really like this picture because it was a candid and I was able to take it as the wind blew his hair out of his face and when he was smiling. Sam (the person in the picture) liked it a lot and even made it his profile picture so that made me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Om- HHS

i really like the contrast of this picture, and the light exposer is amazing. Honestly like the extra things in the background. Like the hand and the guy that is in the corner of the picture. It does make it more dramatic . It allows as a distraction but not to much of a distraction. the dark background gives it a more dramatic effect as well. All together it is a re3ally amazing photo good job!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! I love that its a candid shot, I also really enjoy the warm colors encompassing the entire shot. I actually like the hands in the shot because they lead the viewers eye to Sam's face as the main point in the pic. I really love this!