Friday, October 23, 2015

Matt H- Fraile Feeder

The title of this image is “Frail Feeder”. I named it this because the butterfly has a damaged wing and appears to be feeding from a flower. This image was taken in my grandmother’s backyard on august 30th 2015. It was shot with a Cannon EOS REBEL T1i camera. To edit the image I cropped tighter on the butterfly and enhanced the image. I also increased the exposure and saturation of the image. The definition, highlights, shadows, sharpness, and temperature were also increased. I think that a shot from the other side of the butterfly and maybe from underneath the butterfly would have resulted in a better image. It was difficult to be able to choose at what angle to shoot the butterfly because it is constantly moving so I was just trying to get lucky. i really like how vibrant the pinks and yellows and blues are in this image. This was one of my favorite pictures from my about me project.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The field of depth in this photo is perfect! I like hoe the butterfly and the flower are well in focus. I also like how the title of the photo tells a story. I would hang this on my wall.

DejonF-HHS

Anonymous said...

Very cool picture. I love the amount of detail on the ends of the wings. You did an excellent job of focusing in on the important part of the picture. The colors and detail are amazing, and I like the way you used the rule of thirds. It might be better if it had a little bit more going on on the right side or if you cropped it more.

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful photo. i love how the background is tuned out and the Picture focuses on the butterfly. the colors of these photo are bright and warm. it must have taken a lot of patient to take a photo like this. this photo have a great mood and i would definitely hang it in my wall.

Christine G-HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I love how bright the colors are and how the focus is clear and precise. This picture reminds me of a happy day in the spring time and makes me feel warm. Great job on this photo.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture! I like how bright the colors are and how the focus is of the flower and the butterfly. I think if anything, this picture could be better if there were some shadows on the flower or on the butterfly, and if the sharpness wasn't as high. Overall, this is a great picture!

Abby U- HHS

Anonymous said...

I like how the butterfly is captured in the picture and how sharp its focus is, as opposed the background, which is in lower focus. It makes the butterfly stand out more, and detracts from anything too distracting that could be in the background. I also like the cropping in this picture, because the butterfly is just a beautiful animal and you were very successful in only paying attention to it. Even though not in focus, the background helps the picture look overall brighter, and the butterfly and its wings stand out more that it usually would. You noticed the damaged wing on the butterfly, and I think that you succeeded in making the wings to be forefront of the photo.

Ifeanyi M. - HHS

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. I love the brightness of the image. I love the vibrancy of the pinks and greens in the flower and background. I like how detailed the butterfly and flower are as well. The blurred background makes the butterfly and petals of the flower stand out. I think maybe if you cropped the image a little more so less of the right side was shown, just because of how empty that side is.
Amber S. ~ HHS