Friday, January 9, 2015

Jordan H- Capturing the Sun

The title of the image I selected is “Capturing the Sun.” This picture was taken at Vulcan about a week after school started. I took this with my Canon DSLR camera. This picture looked a lot different before I edited it. The girl was wearing a hairband on her wrist, her skin was a lot more pale, and she had a watch tan line on her other wrist. Also, the colors were duller, so I saturated the picture a lot, and boosted the contrast. I reduced the exposure a little and added an orange and pink photo filter. This picture could be better if I really took the time to precision edit out the hairband and the tan line. If you look closely you can see the little lines where I blurred it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture Is really good because of the composition of light and how the landscape plays into the the overall look of the image. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Love this photo! It is so unique and perfectly focused. I like the different colors and the lighting in it also! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

This photo is very pretty! I love the colors in this and the sharpness on the hands is nice as well! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Hey Jordan! Lovely photo! The hands really add to the focus of the suns and the sunset is impeccable. The blue of the clouds goes really well with the orange of the sky. This is definitely a photo I would put in my room! Great job.

Anonymous said...

I really like the lighting/ the sunset in the background. I like how you are given the allusion that she is holding the sun. Also i like the contrast of the colors. Amazing picture!

~Zoey E. hhs

Anonymous said...

This picture is very cool. I love the lighting and I think the composition is really good. I like how clear it is and how the sun didn't mess up the picture at all like it usually would to other pictures. I really like it. Good job.
-Abbey Smith HHS

Anonymous said...

I like this picture a lot but the one thing I would work on is the glare over the hands. You can take it again with a filter over the lens. Other than that I love the colors and good job.

Anonymous said...

i love the warm colors and the lighting on it. I would have like it if the sun was a little bigger but its amazing!
Lupita G - HHS

Anonymous said...

I love the orange/pink colors and the idea you had to take the picture. The clarity is also really good.

anna grace d-hhs said...

i love the clarity and and sunsets are allways so pretty so i really like it.