Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ben D- Ollie

This photo is titled “Ollie”. This photo was taken at Battleground skatepark over the winter break. I took this photo with a canon t5i using a Opteka 6.5mm fisheye and 2 Altura L-TTL Wireless flashes. I pointed one flash at a 60 degree angle below the skater to illuminate the underside of the board and his face. I then used a second flash on the ground to the right of the photo to illuminate the rest of the skater and put more focus on the rider. I set the flash on the right to a longer flash time than the main flash in order to eliminate any shadows of the skater and to fill in the space better. Unfortunately, i forgot to use a diffuser on the right flash, so the skater still has a slight shadow behind him.  I edited this photo by adding a black and white filter since the photo was slightly too warm at the bottom and too cold at the top. I also brightened the shadows slightly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good picture! I like how you added a black and white filter, its a good touch. Also I really like the fisheye, its great aesthetic.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, you captured him at the perfect moment. i think you maybe could have taken it at a better angle. I wish the camera was more on his level but i know that would be pretty hard to take so thats being kinda picky lol. I like the black and white. its a cool picture.
Lara m - HHS

Demolisher 5000 said...

I like this picture very much due to the angle of the picture and the filter adds a nice touch to the composition and I think that this picture would be perfect if you were sharpen the image by having a faster shutter speed.

-Colton S.

Anonymous said...

Great photo Ben!
Love the composition and the way you focused the camera.
Love it!

Justin C, HHS