Thursday, January 22, 2015

Cole M - Refraction

The title of the image I chose is “Refraction”. The image consists of a suspended glass ball. Even though I used this picture in the reflection assignment, this image is a refraction; however, the clarity of the refraction within the ball allows reflection to be seen as well.

For editing, I rotated the image 180 degrees. I did this in order to show how the refraction also flips the image 180 degrees. In addition, I brightened the image and gave it a yellow tint in order to create a sunny atmosphere.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool picture. I like how you flipped the image to have the subject facing upright. Also, the lighting and color looks great. Overall, this is a great image and a very cool idea for the reflection assignment.
Katie J- HHS

Anonymous said...

This picture looks like a crystal ball.

Unknown said...

I really like this image. I like how you focused in on your subject by slightly blurring the background and flipping the image. I also like the color enhancement it gives the image a kind of "Alice In Wonderland" theme. Overall, nice job!
HHS-Emily D

Anonymous said...

This image is really cool! How the image background looks out of focus in the background but so sharp on the glass ball. Good Job!

Anonymous said...

This is a very great picture. It is obvious that the photographer spent a lot of time setting up the shot to get the effect. The distortion of the image through the crystal ball makes the picture. The focus in the foreground, and lack of focus in the background helps deliver more effect.
Hunter F- HHS

Anonymous said...

I love this pic and how it reflects staying focused on the reflection. Cool pic :)

maria v- hhs

Anonymous said...

cool effect and photo over all