Monday, April 17, 2023

Dori H - Arcade Fever


 The title of this image is Arcade Fever. I suppose you can say that it depicts the overstimulated environment of a flashing arcade. It was taken at the Homewood bowling alley which had an arcade connected to it. I took the base image of the arcade almost over a year ago. I like how I was able to twist such an old image into a unique piece months later. It shows me that even bad shots can be turned into art. 

I mainly overlaid many random cuts from different images, like for example the time I went to this really fun rock concert and I took a picture of the graffiti in the bathroom there.(The bathroom was super cool, it has stickers graffiti, and colorful pinatas everywhere!) I used the cut words from the graffiti and liquefied it to make it wavy. Then I added more cuts and then added a filter that enhanced the blue and red colors to give it a sorta eerie effect.

This assignment showed me that even a picture of a pencil can enhance the beauty when overlaid on a completely different object. The layers and filters were really fun to play with, it really sparked ideas for future projects. I did dislike how picky I was with the placement and colors of everything. If one aspect of the image was off, it was difficult to figure out how to alter it to a way of my liking. Hopefully, I will be able to practice finding the flaws in my images early on so that I will not become as frustrated with flawed work. Very fun assignment!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome picture!! You definitely accomplished the goal of an overstimulated arcade room. I like how the top and bottom of the picture is broken and wavy, almost like you're getting dizzy from being in the arcade room. The blue and red colors are perfect for the picture. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

DORI! this is actually so cool i love it. I love the textures and the colors and layers of different photos. you blended everything really well! I also like the grain a lot too!
- LQ

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture, the colors and lighting is super cool and definitely adds to the feeling of this photo. The contrast and saturation is really great, I really like the editing just in general in this picture. I like the wavy part on the right side of the picture because it gives the viewers something to think about.

Anonymous said...

This picture is incredible, looks like this could be on a graphic t-shirt. I would have this on a blanket to put on my wall because of how cool this is. You did yo big thang wit this contrast on point editing on point. Good job