Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Matthew H- Two Tone


This picture is called “Two Tone”. I took this picture of my friend for the portrait assignment using a Canon Mark II camera. This was my first time using the studio so I played around with different color lighting and ended up getting this shot. I made very few edits to the picture because I really liked how the colors looked straight out of the camera, but I did brighten the picture up a little bit and slightly increased the contrast. I think I could have made the picture a little better by having a brighter light on the right side of his face so that it wasn’t so hard to see that side (but I also think it looks cool with only the left half visible).
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is really good, it look like it could be a cover to a thriller book or movie, this holds a lot of meaning to me. Keep it up!

TD

Anonymous said...

I think that this is a great photo. I like that only half the face is showing and that you decided to play with color. The only thing to take into consideration would be brightening the photo so that you're able to see more details of his face.

Anonymous said...

I think this photo is a great photo. I like how you used red to show half of his face. I kinda reminds me of a cover of a horror movie or a song album cover. It's a really cool photo.

Anonymous said...

This picture is great! I love how only one part of the face is showing as if it’s a meaning behind it.

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool photograph! I like the use of the deep red light it brings a very somber mood to the image. I like how you positioned the light so that it was only casting light on one side of his face. The only critique I have would be to consider increasing the brightness pf the image to bring out some detail in his face. You could even go in the with dodge tool so that only the side of his face in the light gets brighter. Other than that I think this is really cool! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture because the vibe is really cool. I like the colors and details of this shot and I think you could interpret this in a lot of different ways. Overall, love this!

Anonymous said...

This is a really good picture. I love the colors and the fact that one side is darker than the other, in hue and brightness. This is super cool!