Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Dori H - Suppressed Emotions


 This is a picture of my friend Anna gale and it is called “Supressed Emotion”. It was an easy shoot because it was taken in the studio. I took multiple formal portraits of her looking at different angles with similar facial expressions. I then took each individual image and overlaid a different color that represents an emotion. The final step was to overlay three of my favorite shots together with a lowered opacity. 

This image can be perceived differently but my personal idea behind this image was to show people suppressed emotions through colors and overlapped faces. This was a really fun picture to edit and it is probably one of my favorite images so far.  


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dori, this is so cool! I love the use of colors and the different emotions that are portrayed. The entire image is very clear and sharp, and the editing is so good.

Anonymous said...

this image is very pretty I love how the image itself shows the different personalities a person. the editing is very goof and the entire image just stands out over all I give this image a 10/10!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image!! I love how you took the time to overlay a color on each individual image. This looks like something I would see in a cool 2000's magazine. I also like the softness of your model's facial expressions- it's very serene and contributes a lot to the overall mood of the image. Overall, very good job!!

Anonymous said...

This photo is honestly so cool looking! The blended portraits all fit so seamlessly and the colors aren't too harsh at all. I don't know if it was intentional but I actually think its better not cropped on the left because it might feel cramped and not be able to give the blue emotion the room it needs. Really nice work.

Maci J- HHS

Anonymous said...

Dori i love the effect that this photo gives. I think that the way you edited this photo turned our really really well. I feel likes photo would get 1st place in art comp.

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea behind this picture and I think you did a great job expressing what you intended. The different colors on each individual image are a nice touch and help convey the emotions. Great job!