Monday, January 9, 2023

Matthew H- Behind the Scenes


This image is titled “Behind the Scenes” and was taken for the Still Life assignment this past semester. This was taken in on the floor of my bedroom with my Canon Mark II camera. I edited the picture by increasing the saturation of it and cropping the image to create a better aspect ratio. My intention with the picture was to show all the factors that go into success in athletics. I showed my inhaler, water bottle, bands, running shoes and spikes, foam roller, energy gel, and jersey to convey that there’s more than just the medals you see in the center of the image. I think this could be a lot better if I had positioned the objects in a way that made them seem more important, and if I had a more interesting environment instead of just floor and wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like all the medals that you've won. I run track myself and people don't really know the work that we(runners). have to put in to set personal records. keep up the good work and hope you win more!!11

Anonymous said...

This photo really has a lot of meaning behind it. The lighting is incredible, just wish it was a lot more visible maybe lighter. But I get what you were going for, nice picture.
T.D